It is not possible to over-communicate with the parents in your program. Take it as a general rule: for parents, the more information about the daily happenings of their child, the better.
Wonderschool has developed an app specifically geared at improving communication between directors and parents. Download it, encourage your parents to download it, and start using it on a daily basis.
It is considered a best practice to share basic information about a child's day (ie: eating, sleeping, bathroom), but you can and should go above and beyond this and share other relevant details about the day. Things you might include, depending on the child's age:
- Taylor loved playing in the sand today.
- Taylor rolled over twice.
- Taylor and a couple friends built a fort under the slide and pretended to go camping.
- Taylor told me all about grandma's visit this weekend.
- Taylor loved reading the book "Smash! Crash!"
Whether you are just establishing a communication routine, or looking to revamp your existing one, click below to download the Wonderschool app to your phone.