Location: indoor or outdoor
Materials: chairs and a steering wheel
Kids are naturally drawn to different types of transportation-- cars, buses, trains, planes, rocket ships, you name it. Provide a few useful props to encourage their dramatic play. Chairs can be arranged to be seats in a car or benches on a bus. A small hula hoop or plastic plate can be used as a steering wheel.
- Have kids make pretend bus or plane tickets to hand to the driver when they get on
- Kids can create a route map or schedule to hang inn the classroom
- This could expand in a number of directions -- auto repair, car wash, etc.
- Boxes can be used as props as well. A large box can be used to create a big bus, or small boxes can be used to create individual cars
What We're Learning
- collaboration and team work
- role playing and self expression
- conflict negotiation
- flexible thinking
- language and communication