Materials: painters tape, toy cars or trains
You don't need a huge supply of fancy wooden tracks to create an exciting race track for your kids. Instead, use painters tape for a temporary race track. Prepare by laying painters tape around the floor in a continuous track. You can get as complicated as you would like, or keep it a simple oval.
Pull out the toy cars or trains and let children use the painters tape as road for their cars.
- Add blocks to allow the children build additional buildings around the road
- Add people or animals to create new play opportunities
What We're Learning
- fine and gross motor (shoulder, arm, wrist, hand, finger strength)
- sharing and turn-taking skills (both sharing materials and sharing space)
- crossing the midline
- language and communication
- imagination and creativity