Location: indoor or outdoor
Peek-A-Boo is a classic game to play with infants. In the beginning you will be the one to cover your face and say "peek-a-boo!" to the infant (and watch their face light up in delight every time!). As your infants develop they will be excited to join in on the game as well, being the ones to cover their faces.
- Instead of saying "peek-a-boo" you can use the child's name and say, "Where's Emily? There she is!"
- Include props to hide behind (a scarf or blanket, or simply ducking out of sight)
What We're Learning:
- social / emotional (smiling at people, looking at caregiver)
- language / communication (turning head towards sounds, cooing)
- cognitive (paying attention to faces)